At Art of Adventure we love quotes. We especially enjoy those that inspire and motivate people to think and then take action to live adventurously.
In fact a certain quote is what motivated us to start Art of Adventure.Net
We believe a good quote can say in a few words what volumes of books and videos are many times unable to do.
Below are our Top 25 Favorite Adventure-Inspirational & Travel quotes. Enjoy them, be inspired and then share them with others.
Top 25 Favorite Adventure-Inspirational & Travel quotes
1. Adventure without risk is Disneyland. Doug Coupland
2. You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. Andre Gide
3. Climbing K2 or floating the Grand Canyon in an inner tube; there are some things one would rather have done than do. Edward Abbey
4. Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. T. S. Eliot
5. Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something. H. Jackson Brown Jr.
6. Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread. A civilization which destroys what little remains of the wild, the spare, the original, is cutting itself off from its origins and betraying the principle of civilization itself. Edward Abbey
7. The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich. Henry Ward Beecher
9. I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. Mark Twain
10. Not all those who wander are lost. J. R. R. Tolkien
11. The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. Henry David Thoreau
12. Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe. Anatole France
13. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. St. Augustine
14. Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you’re alive, it isn’t. Richard Bach
15. It is never too late to be what you might have been. George Eliot
16. The best journeys in life are those that answer questions you never thought to ask.
17. Life is either a great adventure or nothing. Helen Keller
18. He who cannot forgive others destroys a bridge over which he himself must pass. George Herbert
19. To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world. Freya Stark
20. A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving. Lao Tzu
21 How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar. Trina Paulus
22. If you’re not living on the edge, you’re taking up too much space. Anonymous
23. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore-Dream-Discover. Mark Twain
24. A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles. Edward Abbey
25. To die will be an awfully big adventure. Aristotle
26. Sometimes you have to give up something good to have something better.
Art of Adventure
If you enjoyed our list share them with your friends and family. Do you have any Adventure, Inspirational or Travel quotes you would like to share? Please leave them in the comment section below; we will keep them for a future list. Hope to hear from you.
Also here is a nice PDF of the quotes for you to print.
Top 25 Adventure – Inspirational – Travel Quotes
Or contact us here.
Explore the Adventurous Life